Sunday 6 January 2013

Make Your Own World


This world is not a good place to live in. People are quite selfish. I am one one soul against the whole world. We live in the brother-kill-brother kind of world. I am being discriminated against. I always come across cheats in my life. I have no money, no relationship and no house. It is a one long torturous journey where one dies many times before one's physical death. Why have I come to this world? To suffer? 
Wow! What a gift! This life is the most beautiful gift I have got from God. People are so supportive. I have everything that a man can think of- a perfect body, a good education, a loving family. What more can I ask for? Right people appear in my life at the right time as if they came to this earth only for me. I am having the best period of my life. I am living every moment of my life. Thank God for this beautiful gift.
These are two versions of two different individuals living in similar conditions. While one calls it a painful journey, the other a beautiful gift of God. If conditions are similar, what makes these appear different to them? It is their vision. The trouble is not with the circumstances; it is with their perception of these circumstances. The world is not different; it only appears different to different individuals. One says it is nothing but one 'verse' i.e. one song; the other calls it 'worse' than any other possibility.
"Two people look out through the same window- one sees the mud, the other sees the stars." 
                                                                                                                           - Gunnel Sward 
Two brothers, one a police officer & the other a criminal, were interviewed separately by a reporter & were asked the reason for achieving diagonally opposite social status. 
The criminal replied,"If you have a drunkard as a father, what else do you expect me to become." 
The police officer replied," If you have a drunkard as a father, what else can you become if not a police officer."
And you cannot reject it as one-off example. Look around you; you will find many families where two siblings have achieved different social status & check their attitude towards life. You will find a strong co-relation. Remember, your perception affects your life in a big way. Your perception is one of the most important human behaviors to influence your life. It not only determines the situations around you but also how you handle these situations. And the way you deal with these situations, makes your world. In short, you make your world beautiful or ugly. No doubt, some of the perceptions you get from outer environment but a large part of it is made up by your inner world. Your inner world is much more powerful than your outer world. Take control of it now; it will take you to the most beautiful journey that you can dream of. Clean your vision by cleaning your mind; the world will automatically become beautiful. Don't try to change things; try to change the way you look at things & see the magic happening before your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment